The Specializing Master’s program features more than 500 hours of in-class training, integrated by hands-on exercises, laboratory activities, field experiences, project-based work, team collaboration and attendance to seminars - such as the UX Talks - given by internationally renowned experts. Master’s methodology is essentially practical and based on the “learning by doing” approach. At the end of the in-class training, you will enjoy the opportunity to put your knowledge and skills into practice, by participating in an internship in one of the qualified partner companies.
The program is structured in three core modules, which provide participants with professional skills required for designing, developing and evaluating experiences with digital products and services.
User experience research: principles, methods and techniques for understanding and modelling users’ needs
- UX basics
- Principles of user experience design
- Methods and tools of user research: planning and execution of interviews, ethnographic research, shadowing techniques, creating a personas, storyboard and customer journey map
User experience practices: theoretical and practical design skills
- Principles of humancentered design, usability heuristics, interaction design basics
- Design tools: Agile methodologies (user story, use case, sitemapping, user flow, wireframing, prototyping, handoff)
User experience evaluation
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment methods
- Planning and executing a research protocol
- Design evaluation: techniques and tools (usability testing, A/B test, remote monitoring)
The course is designed to be done by students with part-time jobs and other life commitments.
The program takes place 3 days a week, minimum mandatory attendance is 75%.