The programme in a nutshell
The English Undergraduate Degree in Food Production Management is the first undergraduate programme of this kind in Italy, entirely focused on the supply chains of dairy, cured meats, viticulture, cereals and horticultural produce. Specifically, the competences acquired can be applied to:
- the production, quality and sanitation in ‘made in Italy” husbandry;
- the transformation and conservation techniques of plant and animal products;
- food safety and legislation;
- the impact on environmental sustainability;
- aspects relating to the economic valorisation of agri-food products, with particular emphasis on those of Italian tradition and to the management of the enterprises.
Starting from September 2019, a new undergraduate programme in Food production management will be introduced.
The new programme, taught entirely in English, aims to instruct students in the innovative principles and techniques of Agriculture, from the fields to the table, to produce safe, sustainable and high quality food.
In particular, high quality “Made in Italy” products value chains will be used as study cases.
This English-taught programme targets both international students who wish to gain a thorough knowledge and practical experience on the application of the ‘Italian model’ along the agri-food value chain, and Italian students dedicated to pursuing an international career path commencing from their undergraduate experience.
First of its kind in Italy
Food production management is the first undergraduate programme of this kind in Italy, entirely focused on agri-food sustainability and its economic and environmental components.