Coordinator of the programme
Prof. Stefano Poni
The aim of the undergraduate programme is to provide students with a solid background on concepts and methods in order to enhance their operational and adaptability skills for a better adjustment to the different professional competencies required in primary production (plant and animal sectors), storage, transformation, distribution and marketing of food produce.
The programme will also allow students to gain theoretical and practical knowledge of the agri-food chains in its entirety and complexity, from production through to food consumption, and to intercede with appropriate measures to ensure the quality and genuineness of typical ‘Made in Italy” food products.
In particular, the focus will be on the supply chains of dairy, cured meats, viticulture, cereals and horticultural produce.
Specifically, the competences acquired on the Food production management programme can be applied to:
- the production, quality and sanitation in ‘made in Italy” husbandry;
- the transformation and conservation techniques of plant and animal products;
- food safety and legislation;
- the impact on environmental sustainability;
- aspects relating to the economic valorisation of agri-food products, with particular emphasis on those of Italian tradition and to the management of the enterprises.