SMEA students can benefit of several internationalisation opportunities. The most important ones are the Double Degree with Wageningen University (the Netherlands) and the jointly organized European Master's programme in "Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA)“.
The Double Degree gives SMEA students the chance to attend the second year at Wageningen University and obtain both degrees, thanks to a jointly supervised thesis. The AFEPA Programme is offered by a consortium of 4 European partner universities (the University of Bonn, the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala, the Université Catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium) and the Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milano, Italy) and three associated partners (Universidad Politecnica de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain, the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada and the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile in Santiago). Participating students spend one year each at two of the European partner universities with the possibility of a short exchange visit to an associated partner university, obtaining a double degree by the two Universities the students attend.
Moreover in the context of the exchange programs of UCSC, the students of the MSc in Agricultural and Food economics have exclusive access to the following universities:
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn (Bonn, Germany)
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Technical University of Munich (Freising, Germany)
- Université Catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
- Iowa State University (Ames, Iowa)
- North Dakota State University (Fargo, North Dakota)
- University of California (Davis, California)*
* For University of California at Davis students compete with other MSc students of the Faculty of Agriculture.
Università Cattolica offers the possibility to apply to a broad number of other prestigious destinations included in the “Study Abroad Network” application. Further information are available at http://ucscinternational.unicatt.it/.
The number of available places is limited and students participating in all the exchange programs are selected based on merit and knowledge of English. All these exchange programs are financed by specific grants.