All MScM students are involved in fieldwork activities (either an internship or a field project) with a group of leading companies.
By the end of year 1, students apply for being admitted to 5 business labs (consulting companies, healthcare organizations, luxury and fashion, multinational enterprises, small and medium enterprises).
Each lab consists of:
- an introductory course (4 ECTS): the course is held in the 2nd term of year 2 (January-March);
- a field project or an internship (8 ECTS): this “fieldwork” is scheduled in the 2nd and/or 3rd terms of year 2 (January-June), depending on the agreements reached with the partnering companies of the lab;
- 2 business lab elective courses (16 CFU).
- an internship (8 ECTS) is a training project aimed at fostering an “on the job” training as well as the acquisition of practical knowledge, involving business lab partners as tutor/mentor of the student; it takes place towards the end of the program (in the 2nd and/or 3rd terms of year 2) and requires students at least 250 hours of work, either part-time (approx. 4 months) or full-time (approx. 2 month);
- a field project (8 ECTS) consists of a teamwork tutored by one professor with business experience aimed at delivering a “consulting project” to one of the lab’s partnering companies on current issues of concern; it usually lasts 3 months, takes place towards the end of the program (in the 2nd and/or 3rd terms of year 2) and requires students at least 250 hours of work.